We have visited this beautiful harbour en-route to Zurich city. We have walked around the harbour and enjoyed the view while waiting for our boat to Zurich. The boat trip is delightful and the view is breathtaking! There is nothing like the view of blue water, bright sunshine, green lands and the snow topped mountains far away!
I can’t really give you much information regarding the tickets and timing of the boat service as my cousin who lives in Swiss dealt with all the guiding and we just followed her everywhere like little puppies 🙂 But most of the information points speaks English and there are plenty of tourists. However, I would suggest to have a map, plan ahead and have an idea before you head out as everything is so expensive in here and you surely don’t want to add extra costs by last minute rearrangements!
Address: Rapperswil 8640, Switzerland
Attractions near by:
- Rapperswil castle (Schloss Rapperswil)
- Stadtpfarrkirche (St. John’s Church)
- Herzbaracke- a Swiss cabaret-theatre running on a watercraft (pic below)
- Holzbrücke Rapperswil-Hurden -Don’t miss the walk through this wooden pedestrian bridge. It is very close to water and you have a stunning view of snow-topped Alps mountains far away from Lake Zurich. There is a protected natural habitat nearby the bridge where you will see lots of bird nests. And, you can spot fish through crystal clear water. Such an amazing way to get close to the nature!
- Heilig Hüsli (Holy house)- this is a tiny little chapel situated along the wooden pedestrian bridge mentioned above.